Search in this blog

domingo, 16 de octubre de 2011

Useful Expressions - Habits

Ten Expressions to Use In Speaking And Writing
1. I spend a lot of time...
2. I (often) tend to...
3. You'll always find me...
4. ___ is a big part of my life.
5. I always make a point of...
6. Whenever I get the chance, I...
7. I have a habit of..
8. I can't (seem to) stop...
9. I'm always...
10. I can't help...

How To Use These Phrases In Your English
Phrases 1, 3, 5, 7, 8 and 10 are followed by a gerund. (-ing form)
Phrase 2 is followed by the infinitive of the main verb (e.g. I often tend to watch TV in the evenings.)
Phrase 4 needs a noun or gerund in the blank space.
Phrases 1 - 3 are quite neutral. The habit is neither a good one or bad one.
Phrase 4 is a bit more positive and phrases 5 and 6 show that the speaker likes doing these things and tries to do them a lot.
Phrase 7 suggests that the speaker often does something but that it's not intentional. It may be a bad habit.
Phrases 8 to 10 are habits that the speaker thinks are bad but cannot stop.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario